Target Shipping Information
Shipping Discount Tip
Select items may qualify for a shipping discount or for free shipping with a qualifying purchase.
If you are expecting free shipping on your entire order but still see a shipping charge, it may be because not all of the items in your cart qualify for free shipping. All qualifying items must have “free shipping” or the shipping discount listed in the cart summary. Any non-qualifying items in the same order will be subject to standard shipping charges.
REDcard free shipping
Enjoy free standard shipping when you use your use your Target Credit Card®, Target® Visa® Credit Card or Target Debit Card™ on Target.com (Target Debit Card™ cannot be used on the mobile Target.com website). Free standard shipping applies to products shipped to all 50 states, as well as APO/FPO addresses and Puerto Rico. If you upgrade your shipping method or wish to return your merchandise by mail, shipping fees will apply. Free shipping is not valid on previous orders
Shipping & Delivery Estimates
During Checkout and in your Order Acknowledgement you will see an estimated delivery date range. Estimated delivery date range is calculated by:
• Product Availability: This date range is listed on the right side of the main image on the item’s detail page. If an item is listed as “In Stock,” it will be ready for shipment within 1–2 days.
• Where your package is being delivered.
• Shipping Speed: The shipping method you selected during Checkout. You may choose Standard Shipping (3-5 business days), Premium Shipping and Express Shipping (fastest).
Some items can’t be expedited due to size, weight or vendor constraints and will only have Standard Shipping available.
Standard Shipping is the default Checkout setting. Your package will be in transit for 3–5 business days after it ships.
Premium shipping is a speedier way to get your order. Unfortunately, there is no weekend delivery for Premium Shipping.
Express shipping is the fastest way to get your order. Unfortunately, there is no weekend delivery for Express Shipping.
Your order should arrive on or before the date we’ve committed to on the product information page. This is usually a holiday or street date for pre-order items.
Special Delivery Services
For certain items we offer special delivery services. If your item qualifies for special delivery services it will be noted on the item’s product information page. Special Delivery Services can include:
Item will be left at the door.
Appointment required; item will be brought inside the door. Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.
Room of Choice
Appointment required; item will be brought inside the door and to the room of choice. Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.
Appointment required; item will be brought inside the door and to the room of choice, unpacked and packaging debris will be removed. Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.
White Glove Assembly (Currently only available on some Smith & Hawken items.) Appointment required; item will be brought inside the door and to the room of choice, unpacked, assembled and packaging debris will be removed. Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.
For certain items we offer Signature Required. If your order qualifies for Signature Required, it will be noted on the item’s product information page. Appointment may be required and someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.
General Delivery Guidelines
Items under 150 pounds: Delivered to door.
Items over 150 pounds: Delivered by a specialty carrier and in some cases may be left at the door.
Items over 300 pounds: Delivered through the door by a specialty carrier and require an appointment.
If a carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we’ll notify you of the return by email and issue a full refund (including shipping charges). We are unable to re-ship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place another order at Target.com with a new shipping address.
If you suspect your order was deemed undeliverable, you should receive confirmation of its return or a refund within four weeks of the estimated delivery date. If more than four weeks have passed, please contact us.
Our carriers may deem a package undeliverable for any of the following reasons, including some not listed below:
• Incorrect or out-of-date address
• P.O. Box format (Please enter P.O Box shipping address as “P.O. Box” followed by the number.)
• Illegible label
• Other address problems
• Failed delivery attempts
• Refused by recipient
Shipping Addresses & Restrictions
Shipping to multiple addresses
It’s easy to ship your order to more than one address. We’ll create a separate order for each shipping address, and a per-shipment fee will be charged for each item. Here’s how:
1. During Checkout, enter all of the addresses you wish to ship to. If they’re not already displayed in your address list, just click “Enter a New Address.”
2. When you have entered all of the addresses into your list, click “Ship to Multiple Addresses.”
3. Then, choose an address and shipping method for each item in your order. You’ll receive an email acknowledgement of your purchase as well as a confirmation when each item ships.
Most products at Target.com can be shipped to all 50 states, as well as APO and FPO addresses, and Puerto Rico. However, there are a few restrictions:
• We cannot ship internationally, nor do we ship to U.S. Protectorates (except as noted above), Guam or the Virgin Islands.
• APO/FPO orders are shipped via standard delivery only.
• Heavy or oversized products can be shipped only to the contiguous 48 states. They cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. This will be indicated on the product description page.
• Food, candy and chocolate cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. We do ship these items to all 50 states. For delivery to warm climates, all orders are shipped Mondays through Thursdays with a gel pack, to ensure they arrive in premium condition.
• Certain items can only be shipped to the contiguous 48 states via standard delivery, and cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. This will be indicated on the product description page.
• For some orders a signature may be required upon delivery.
• Items may not be shipped to Target store locations.
• Target.com does not ship to freight forwarders. Orders placed to freight forwarders will be cancelled.
Entering APO & FPO addresses
Shipping to friends and family serving overseas can seem foreign. On our site, it’s easy.
Enter the recipient’s full name and address as usual. In the sState drop-down menu, choose either: Armed Forces–Americas, Armed Forces–Europe or Armed Forces–Pacific.
Note: If sending to Africa, choose Armed Forces–Europe.
Still need help? contact us.
Changing your shipping address
For most orders that have yet to ship, you will be able to make changes to the shipping or billing address. Orders fulfilled directly by our vendors may not allow changes after the order has been placed. Click here to edit your shipping address.
1. Click the “My Account” link at the top of any page.
2. On the following page, click “Go” next to “Open and Recently Shipped Orders.”
3. Sign in with your email address and password.
4. Click “View or Change Order” next to the order you wish to modify.
5. Click “Change” next to the address you want to change.
6. To use an address that’s already in your account, scroll down through the list and click “Ship to This Address” beneath the correct address. To use a new address, click on “Add Address” and enter the new information. If this is an address to which you have not previously shipped orders, we will ask you to re-enter your credit card number for security purposes.
7. When you are done, click “Confirm” to make your change take effect.
Shipping & Handling Charges
At Target.com, shipping and handling charges are based on the following:
• The delivery option you choose
• The weight, size and dimensions of your items
• Where your package is being delivered
You’ll see your shipping cost listed on the “Place Order” page in Checkout before you submit your order. After reviewing the page, you can submit your order.
Special Distance Fee
Depending on the destination ZIP code, your order may include a special-distance shipping fee in addition to the standard shipping charge. A special-distance fee is added to certain oversized items destined for specific locations. To determine whether this fee applies to your order, check the list below to find the special-distance ZIP codes for each state. If your order’s destination ZIP code matches the first three digits of a ZIP code listed below, and your order includes any oversized items on which a special-distance shipping fee is noted under the Shipping Information tab, this additional fee will be added to the standard shipping charge on each of those items at checkout.
Tracking Your Order
Target.com uses several methods and carriers to ship your packages. Once your order has entered the shipping process, you can track your order through the My Account link at the top of any page by following these steps:
1. Click on “My Account” at the top of any page.
2. If you are not yet signed in to your account, you will be prompted to sign in.
3. Select “Open and recently shipped orders” in the drop-down menu.
4. Click on “Track Packages” link.
5. On the Track Packages page, select the red “Track your Package” button to view current tracking information for your order*.
*For all DB Schenker shipments, you will see a tracking page designed by DB Schenker with all of your shipment’s information. If the page does not display your tracking information, return to the “Track Packages” page and copy the tracking number next to your order. Enter this tracking number on the DB Schenker shipment tracking page.
For larger items, we may use specialty shipping to deliver your order.
Some shippers may need to call to schedule an appointment for your delivery, and this may be noted within the description of the item. Items that qualify for more than delivery to the door require an appointment; all other items will be delivered to the door.
These deliveries are made during the carrier’s normal business hours and within their contract guidelines.
What if I don’t see my tracking number?
Due to carrier capabilities, some orders can’t be tracked online. Please refer to your ship notification for an estimated date of delivery. If you already know your tracking or delivery confirmation number, you can follow the links below to track your order.
Sample Tracking: 1Z9999999999999999 (18 alpha-numeric characters)
UPS Mail Innovations
Sample Tracking: 9102109109109109109109 (22 characters)
US Postal Service (USPS)
Sample Tracking: 91122334455667788990011 (22 characters)
Sample Tracking: 12345678 (8-10 characters)
Note: Some CEVA/EAGLE shipments are not trackable online and can only be tracked by calling CEVA directly at 1-800-888-4949. Some CEVA deliveries may need an appointment and may require an additional 24-48 hours of delivery time from the Estimated Delivery Date. Please call CEVA to confirm if an appointment is needed.
Sample Tracking: 12345678 (usually 8 digits)
Note: Some DB Schenker deliveries may need an appointment and may require an additional 24-48 hours delivery time from the Estimated Delivery Date. Please call DB Schenker directly to confirm if an appointment is needed or to schedule your appointment.
Sample Tracking 1234567890 (10-11 characters)
Please contact us for further information.
Sample Tracking: 12345678912345678912 (15-20 characters)
123456789123 (12 characters)
Sample Tracking: 55555555 90071 (8-character reference number and 5-digit ZIP code)
For tracking information for Target Ground, please contact us. We’ll respond to you in 24 to 48 hours.
Checking Out as a Guest
Guest Checkout lets you make purchases on Target.com without creating or logging in to an existing account. You must have a valid email address.
If you already have an account, you may still use this option; however, any orders made as a Guest will not be viewable when logged in to My Account on Target.com. To view orders you placed as a Guest, simply click on My Orders in the lower right-hand corner on Target.com and enter your Order ID and email address under “View Order Status.”
Guest Checkout will not allow you to store information such as shipping address, billing address or credit card information.
Tracking Your Order as a Guest
To track your order using Guest Checkout, you will need the Order ID and the valid email address used when placing the order. Find your Order ID in your Order Acknowledgement email or your Ship Notification email.
Simply click on “Track an Order” in the lower right-hand corner on Target.com and enter your Order ID and email address under “View Order Status.”